Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Egglicious Salad Sandwich

I have been craving a tuna fish sandwich lately, but when I went to my pantry today to grab a can of tuna, I was dismayed to see I did not have any! I paused, racking my brain for a close second to tuna. Seeing a bottle of mustard I thought Egg Salad!

I quickly grabbed some eggs and boiled them and other ingredients into a bowl. I didn't measure anything and I just guessed about what I thought would taste good. I will try to give measurements on what I think will be sufficient.

Ingredients:
4 boiled eggs
1/4 c. Mayonaise (I used Helmans Light)
1/8 c. (2 tbsp) Mustard
dash of Salt
dash of pepper Pepper
about 1/2 tsp Dill Weed (or to taste)
about 1/2 tsp Paprika (or to taste)
2 sliced Tomatoes
Sliced and toasted gluten free bread
butter (if desired)

Preparation:
After boiling eggs and peeling off shell, mash with a fork in a bowl (I like mine finely mashed)
Add in the mustard and the mayo and stir
Sprinkle in Salt and pepper and stir again
Taste it! See if it needs any more of the above 4 ingredients
Add in Dill weed.
Taste it! See if it needs more dill weed. If you added too much, just add in a little more mayo and/or mustard
Add Paprika and taste. If you added too much, just add in a little more mayo and/or mustard
Toast your bread. While toasting, slice tomatoes.
Butter your toast, if desired and Spread your yummy egg mixture onto warm toast.

Crunch crunch...mmmm. Delicious! Enjoy this easy recipe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More