Monday, November 1, 2010

Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins

So, after getting more news from my doctor, I decided to put aside my homework and stress and just mess around in the kitchen.

So we already knew that I had Celiac, but I am also most likely lactose intolerant and have IBS as well! They gave me a few over the counter meds to try but still want to run a few more tests to make sure I don't have other hidden things.

Anyways, here's a yummy treat for the cold mornings. These muffins are a great breakfast treat, and taste great with a cup of hot cocoa! It has been so cold here that I find muffins and a hot drink very comforting.

Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins

 
 
Ingredients
  • 2/3 c. canola oil
  • 1/2 c. evaporated cane sugar
  • 1/4 c. natural brown sugar (I always seem to add another 1/8 cup in...I like it sweet!)
  • 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 c. quinoa flour
  • 1/2 c. potato starch
  • 1/2 c. tapioca starch
  • 2 tsps baking soda
  • 2 tsps ground cinnamon  (I always sprinkle more in)
  • 2 tsps. xanthan gum
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 c. grated carrots
  • 1 c. grated zucchini
  • 1/4 c. chopped toasted walnuts  (I don't like as many nuts, if you are crazy for nuts add 1/2 c.)
  • 1/2 c. seedless raisins
  • 1/4 c. toasted coconut flakes
  • 1 tsp. grated orange zest
  • 1 tart red apple, unpeeled, cored, and finely chopped

Apple peeler! They are so nice and make peeling and decoring such an easy process. I suggest everyone get one

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Put oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs into a large bowl and whisk by hand for about 1 minute to incorporate air into the mixture.
  3. Put flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt into a second large bowl and stir well.
    1. Add flour mixture, carrots, zucchini, walnuts, raisins, coconut, orange zest, and apples to the reserved sugar mixture and stir well to form a batter.
  4. Scoop batter into 12 paper-lined muffin tins
  5. Bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More