Friday, August 27, 2010

Falling for Fall Trends



I was at Forever 21 the other day just perusing looking for a jacket, when I noticed a necklace. Unsure if I liked it, I decided to carry it around and make a decision later about buying. As I was walking around the necklace must have caught on to something because all of a suddent I found myself being jerked backwards. Caught off balance I began to fall...right into the coat rack! But that was when I saw it: the perfect coat--a deep turquoise leather with a semi-bunched bottom. Sitting on the floor my legs unashamedly outwards in a V, and coats scattered all around me, I held up the jacket admiring it's style. Immediately I fell in love with it. After righting myself (and the fallen coats), I picked up the necklace and decided to buy it. It had, afterall, led me to my new favorite jacket for this fall.

I love shopping for fall clothes. It is the start of a new school year, which means new adventures and of course new trends. So I have compiled a short list and descriptions of the hottest fall trends for you to keep in mind when you go fall shopping.

The 50s are Back
Show off an hourglass figure with high waisted skirts and pants and waistbelts. Top of your outfit with neck scarves, a pretty pattern and a sweater or jacket.



Be a Man in a Man's World
Be inspired by the working man this fall and dress in trousers, wool jackets



Colors of Same
Want to throw some color into your outfits this fall? Mix it up by wearing the same color, just different shades! Make it hot with fiery yellows, oranges and reds or cool it down with blues and purples.



Warm up with Fur
This season fur will keep you snuggly warm. Dress it up with fur scarves, vests, overcoats and boots


Strike Gold
Instead of just wearing browns and beiges, dress up your look by adding shimmery shades of gold!

Lean & Long
Put away your heels and minis! It's time to lengthen, lengthen, lengthen! Long skirts and pants can make the look for work and play. Add to your look by wearing short heels and flat sole boots


Layered Up
Sometimes, more is better and this season that cannot be more true. Wrap yourself in sweaters, scarves coats, leggings and boots. Stay warm!
 

Happy Shopping everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More